Friday, February 6, 2009

Junk Hunt

68 Degrees today! It was a fabulous opportunity to get out of the house and go find some trouble to get into. The apple farmer joined the crew and I, after moving his tractor to the machine shed. We got nice and dirty and found some old scrappy treasures to boot! Here is a seasonal creek on the property. It isn't flowing because it is a bit frozen! The crew thought it was pretty cool that they could 'walk on water.'

Human Resources is quick on his feet!



So is the attorney!


Cool! Some old gear thing.



Cooler! Some old Wheel thingy!



Oh! Oh! The spray arm is falling off! Never Fear!! The Apple Farmer's wife is well trained in vehicle repair!

Check me out! Perhaps the old bailing wire we found in some of those junk piles could have been more effective, however, I thought I might reach into the recesses of my memory and try out some of my knots I learned way back at girls' camp...

The President has found some fluffy seeds in a seed pod. He can't wait to see how they fly!

Her Royal Highness is pretending to be shy.
Somewild rose hips we found. Notice the buds starting to swell on the wild rose. It is still a bit early for bloom, but it does offer hope that we will soon see much warmer days!

3 comments:

christianne said...

I am so glad you are back blogging I just love your posts.

Bet the boys loved those action shots that you got of them!

Jenn said...

Wow 68, must be nice! We haven't been that warm yet! Such awesome pictures!

Maria Babin said...

Tanya!!!!!!!! How on earth did you find me? It is so wonderful to see you! Please tell me what you're doing and how life has treated you! I love your blog!