Saturday, February 21, 2009

For Jenn - and anyone else who likes to make jewelry...

My sisters-in-law, Jenn and Teresa, have taught me all I know about making hairbows and little teeny bracelets. I'm so lucky to have such great SILS. My sister-in-law Shannon and I are both soaking up all we can since we both have had three incredible boys each, and pink is a foreign color in our homes. When I got to spend a few days with my sister, Tara, we had fun sharing our bracelet and bows things too - that was so fun! I'm anxious to see what all of my sisters have been up to - so I'm posting my latest little teeny bracelet.



Jenn and I have been playing a little with hand stamped jewelry and trying to figure it all out. These posts are especially for her! The charm bracelet is stamped with a 1/16 th lettering and the discs are only 1/2 inch. The other - 1/8 inch. The last one is my attempt at wire wrapping (I think that is what it is called). I hope you can see them well enough when you click on them.

3 comments:

Stephanie said...

How fun! I wish I had a daughter to make jewelry for. Then, I might be able to justify my hobby a little more. But, I AM a girl, so I shouldn't feel guilty about making pretty things. Have you seen my jewelry blog?

www.stephsjewelry.blogspot.com

I've tried selling on Etsy with little success. I'm not willing to spend the time it takes to keep Etsy alive. Oh, well, it's still fun to make jewelry for friends and family.

Tanya said...

oooh! You are a busy girl!! I love that baptism bracelet, and that little girl's pastel set is sooo cute!

I never thought about necklaces for boys... I think those look nice.

I wondered about selling on etsy to help make some ends meet. I'm sorry it hasn't been successful. Do you do well at shows and festivals? We frequent those, of course selling our apples, carmel apples, slushed cider, etc.

Jenn said...

Love it all Tanya! Too much fun, I got to find some time to do some more! I love yours though, you inspire me!