Saturday, February 28, 2009

13th Wedding Anniversary!


Since I rarely get to spend much time with the Apple Farmer on Sundays, we decided to celebrate our anniversary today. We enjoyed the chance to go to the temple. The drive to Nauvoo was very nice and we had the rare opportunity, as we drove along the Mississippi River to see 15 beautiful bald eagles along the way. We enjoyed a visit with the officiator prior to the beginning of our session. We learned that his brother and sister in law live in Red Bluff. This Sister-in-law is someone that I have always thought of since we moved from Red Bluff. She is a beautiful angelic woman and made an impression on me as a young mother. This Sister-in-law is a Sister-in-law to a Doctor in Reno, NV, who I worked for just after the Apple Farmer and I got married. I was so happy to learn that she is doing very well.



Some friends of ours also had the opportunity to attend the temple and we took turns watching each others kids. We played at the family living center and then took a tour in the Cultural Hall. The sister missionary showed us the rest of the building and we got to see the ballroom on the 3rd floor. The ballroom floor is the original floor and the very floor that Joseph danced with Emma and Brigham danced with Mary Ann. The wooden floor creaked as the Apple Farmer waltzed with me - and thundered as a bunch of little boys and one little girl with piggy-tails ran in random directions!


I can hardly believe that 13 years have gone by already - I'm proud to be the wife of The Apple Farmer!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! 13 years already? Well, it has been 13 very productive years- you have a lot to show for it. I remember the anticipation, waiting for you guys to come out of the temple on your wedding day.
Much love to you both!

christianne said...

My cousin is the Branch Pres in Red Bluff. I didn't know you lived there. Also didn't know it was your anniversary...what great friends R+I are!

Happy Anniversary you all and I am proud of him for dancing with you.

"Happy together" love the song

Jenn said...

Glad to hear you had a good Anniversary! I love the picture of the two of you together at the end, what a great couple.