Sunday, June 13, 2010

Father/Son Overnighter = Mother/Daughter Overnighter...

Hooray for Father and Son overnighters!  They are so fun because there aren't any Mommies there to nag at little boys  to stay away from the fire, to remind them they've eaten too much sugar and to demand that they wash their teeth before they jump into their sleeping bags!

Bigger hooray for Father and Sons overnighters because that means girlie girl time and no boys to whine and complain about eating out, shopping, chick flicks and late breakfast...  Or so I envisioned!  But my delusional thoughts were looked to be reality until Her Royal Highness finished her banatsticks class.


We walked into the Mexican restaurant and then I remembered who my little girlie girl really truly is!  The host seated us.  Except her little Royal Hiney wasn't about to seat itself because she didn't want to sit where the host seated us.  She wanted to sit in a completely different booth on the other side of the restaurant dining area...  I'm not a fan of reinforcing naughty-ness, but before her screams got us kicked out I had to do something!  Bribery!  And it worked.  We were in a happy place again, until she started shoving chips into my mouth, one right after the other.

I survived dinner and off we went to our upscale shopping mall, Walle' Marte' where we intended to pick up some beads for a new bracelet.  But before we got to the bead section and after we left the dog food section, we found ourselves in the middle of another temper tantrum.  This time over not wanting to ride in the cart.  The next tantrum was over riding in the basket of the cart and the following tantrum was over riding under the cart.  This was turning out to be such a fun evening that I couldn't contain myself anymore!  We skipped the bead department and hurried home to watch our chick flick... Up.  Cute show.  I liked the snipe!  I don't know if my peanut did or not because she crashed.  She looked so sweet and angelic that I decided I'd let her sleep in my bed.  I know better than this!  Arg!  Delusions!  She tossed and turned and kicked me all night long! 

So the Father and Son overnighter was fun I hear.  They got themselves packed up just before this happened! 

Rained so hard that the water puddled up this deep in a matter of just a few minutes!




And you might wonder why my spirited child isn't in this picture.  Well, she was sleeping like a log... in my bed!

No comments: