Friday, March 5, 2010

Zoom! Zoom! Zoom!

The Hopkins were so kind to watch our kids for us while the Apple Farmer and I went to the city to celebrate our anniversary on Monday! The kids had a blast with them! This is one of the day's events that they are still talking about --
The Dart! Original paint and perfect interior!
A show car!

And they all got to try out the driver's seat!!



So the when the Apple Farmer saw the advertising for a car show down in K.C. he couldn't resist taking his boys.
The President and the Attorney jumped at the opportunity and had a great time!
They didn't say, but I think there was a lot of drooling last night!
There were classics and concepts, slot cars and a really cool robot. Above is an Audi R8 with 525 horse power. Below is a Corvette Stingray Concept.


The Attorney's favorite was the Ford F350
and the presidents 'favoritest' was the Porsche.
And since I have now been corrected by the seven year old that there is an 's' in Porsche, and a 't' and an 'e' in Corvette, and I'm very indifferent as to how many horses there are under the hood of a car, I probably ought to consider my post complete, as it is very obvious that I am writing about something I know absolutely nothing about!
One thing I do know, is that I will be cleaning up the zillions of car brochures that will be laying around my house for the rest of the year!!!

2 comments:

Stephanie said...

I've been to ONE car show with the boys and was pretty much bored after the first two rows of cars, but had to power through the whole expo center. They like to point out cool cars on the street, too. I've realized that they are suckers for flashy paint jobs. Even a Honda Civic or a Ford Focus gets a "Oh, look at that cool car over there!" if it's painted just right. Boys.

Tanya said...

I would easily get bored too, so I figured they all would enjoy things more if I managed to find things to do at home while they all went! They crack me up though, especially Avery, the youngest son. He can name off every last car on the road before we arrive at our destination!