Wednesday, March 3, 2010

"Road Trip!"

Once again I've given into cravings, which has taken me running outside in 30 F degree temps! I'm a big baby in cold weather, so you know the craving had to be pretty desperate! And sillier yet, After suiting up for the affair (I did research to make sure I could really dress to manage running in freezing temperatures), I even grabbed my camera!So now you get to see for yourself, the challenges that await me right outside my front door! Hills! Lots of them! Now, granted, the treadmill can be quite dull, however it tended not to be quite so torturous as these many hills. One mental note I made as I started trotting down the highway was that I the treadmill seems to be a bit more 'springy' than the blacktop! The Picture above is the view of the first bunch of hills. The picture below is taken just as I crested the hill on the horizon line above. You can barely see the last hill on the horizon in this photo below. That hill is the last 'bad boy' that I conquered before turning around and heading back home!And now I get to go run back up and down all those crazy hills in order to make it back home!It seems I am disturbing the peace enjoyed on our hilly highway. Or it may be that I am quite a site to see run!
And finally me! I'm running past the section of orchard, north of the wind break. In other words, almost home! 3.5 miles round trip! How long it took me to run is a mystery - Someone in my house got a hold of my watch and pulled out the little knob. So I started at 5 minutes after and finished 5 minutes after the same exact hour that I started at!!

2 comments:

Stephanie said...

Tanya - you're a goof! There's nothin' like a good, crisp run. At least the sun was shining for ya'. I have to run in 30 degree weather, but it's still dark which seems to make it even colder.

Tanya said...

LOL Stephanie, I know I'm a goof! But I think you are really amazing to run in the cold AND the dark - of which both I'm not fond of! LOL Thanks for the tease - you made me laugh this morning!