Friday, March 5, 2010

Twoy-wees








Twoy-wees is how her Royal Higness asks for curlies in her hair! I honored her request this last Sunday, since I had turned her down several times the week previous. Here is what we ended up with! A sweet little girl who is all about being a girly-girl!
The dress is one I made for her birthday last year and I'm so happy that it still fits her! I made several attemps at smocking and never hand pleated the fabric tight enough to make it work. I finally went and found a small checked gingham to help with a tight pleat and it made a world of difference. I enjoy smocking and I hope to have the chance to do some more smocking, but I hope I'm not limited to gingham fabrics for the rest of her royal toddler-hood!

4 comments:

Shannon said...

She looks just beautiful. She is such a cutie. I bet those baby blues have everyone wrapped around those little fingers of her. I am bummed we wont get to see you this time when you go to Dougs. We have to leave on Sunday and we were told you wont get there until Monday. Maybe you can take the long way home and come see us and the new house.HintHint

Tanya said...

I'm disappointed too! Sigh....

Jenn said...

Love the hair and the dress, too cute! She is getting so big and beautiful!

Tanya said...

Thanks guys! Wish we were lots closer so we wouldn't notice so much how fast all of our lil' munchkins are growing!