Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Cash or Check Only!

No electricity, no problem! It doesn't stop the Amish and Mennonites in our area from building a great business! But, if you decide to visit two of my favorite places and forget to bring cash or check along because you are in the same habit that I am of using the debit card, you will find yourself up a creek, which is where I've found myself on more than one occassion! But happily, not today!

Today we were in need of asparagus crowns, peat moss and elemental sulpher (to plant my blueberries in so that they will live long and prosperous lives). Of course, it is nearly impossible to leave this place with other essentials, like a Fuscia, eight little brussel sprout starts (mmmmm!) and some rooting hormones... Yeah, I know, who buys rooting hormone? Well, I do when I want to propagate a bunch of concord grapes and red raspberries!
I LOVE greenhouses!




I really, REALLY LOVE greenhouses!!






So I tried to get out of the greenhouse within a reasonable amount of time....
We also went to H&M! Bulk foods and great prices! You can even buy a big bag of dehydrated marshmallows to mix in your healthy cereal so it isn't healthy anymore!








Our main purpose for coming here was to buy candy! I know! Even my kids had a hard time pulling their jaws up off the floor when I told them what was on the shopping list! But hey, there's a price to pay for being the favorite Aunt, and this favorite Aunt has only a couple more days to get ourselves ready to head to higher elevation to enjoy a bunch of nieces and nephews! Thirteen, to be precise! Note to siblings and parents: I can't wait to see you all either!!


2 comments:

Maria Babin said...

those places look heavenly!!! i'd go crazy in there! by the way i LOVE your little girl's dress! so cute!

Christine said...

We buy the dehydrated marshmallows at the bulk food store, too. That way I can get Cheerios really cheaply (less than $1/box, usually) and add a quarters worth of the marshmallows and my kids will eat them up!!! Love your garden stuff, too.