Saturday, June 19, 2010

First 5K This Morning

So I did it!  I finally ran my first 5K.  Thats me behind the stroller lady in the pink and gray.  This is the beginning of the race.  You can tell that because I'm not crawling yet...




Well, I never actually crawled, but I certainly wasn't in the shape that I should have been to run!  After nursing foot and back problems, I went to girls camp.  I got a morning of running in there, but was pretty much sleep deprived the rest of the week and into the following with the Attorney's trip to the ER and stitches, and her Royal Highness kicking me all night in my own bed. 




This picture is proof that I finished.  My time was 38:11.  Yay!  I did it under 40 minutes!!!!  Not a bad time for me with several gradual inclines and a couple of niced declines.



This is my friend Chris.  She is really cool because she signed up for the 5K and then ran the route for a second time to get her 10K time.  Go Ultra Mommy!!
Of course, this is her Royal Higness.  She's got to have a drama all her own!  She's a little miffed because we disturbed her beauty rest and woke her up at 6:20 AM to run into town for the Gooseberry Race.


And here I am with my personal fan section... Except Richard and Chris J. aren't in this photo!  They showed up to cheer for us too!  That was such a fun suprise to see you all hollering at the finish line!!  Thanks!  Just in case you were wondering, I'm the sweaty one in the picture.... in the pink and gray...

4 comments:

Maria Babin said...

yeah!!! way to go!

Jenn said...

Good Job, makes me tired just thinking about it!

christianne said...

I still think you did amazingly well, I was mighty proud to cheer you on.

Whatutalkinaboutwillis? said...

Great Job!!! Mee....i would only make it 1.5 steps....LOL Really proud of ya!! : )