Saturday, June 5, 2010

I Said A-Boom Chicka Boom!

This picture is proof that I survived camp!  It was taken this afternoon before loading up our girls and heading home!
That's me and another unit's camp director, Amanda.  We have our arms around each other - because we became good friends this last week.  We might also be holding each other up so neither one of us falls over....

That's right!  We hardly stopped running this whole week!  And sleep, well, lets just say we had high expectations.  So maybe we were a little disappointed when we considered the quality of sleep for the week!


You know, they say that sleep is pretty over rated...

and with 150 girls up at camp, why in the world would anyone want to waste time sleeping?




It was an incredible program!  Can you see all of those "Title's of Liberty"?



The food was the best!  We had dessert after dinner and then dessert before bed, every night!



Except for these three silly girls, who snuck dessert at a random time during the day!!



There was lots to do!

Set up tents
evacuate tents for severe weather warning
bail water out of tents
make friend ship bracelets
Mm-Ah went the little green frog one day and we all go Mm-ahh-aw
build fires
make foil dinners


Make s'mores
Janitor style-  a-broom-sweep-a-moppa-sweep-a-moppa-sweepa-broom....
confiscate lighters and aerosol cans
forge rivers
Hello Kitty bandaids
run through poison ivy
spiders and tics and heat rash, Oh My!

First aid relays
swimming
flag ceremony
....take back my hunka hunka happy happy me!
secret sisters
confiscate cell phones and I-pods

Skits
Songs
Painting rocks
Swedish fish
French Braids
Awesome speakers
Hot Shower
Twizzlers
....and there was Herman, the family pet, cha! And he was this big!  THIS BIG!
No peanuts!! (peanut allergy up at camp)



Bishop's night (my personal favorite part) ;)
Tornado warning
another slumber party in the lodge basement
Self Defense
Don't give me no pop, no pop, don't give me no juice, no juice just give me that milk!  Moo, Moo, Moo, Moo!
no cell phone reception (thanks AT&T)



Duct tape purses
Crazy Hats
chase down a blown away tent
Branch time
clothes lines
1/2 dozen towels in lost and found
Whew! and Wow!

What an incredible week!  I'm in awe at how incredible our Stake Leaders are!
What wonderful people to get to serve with this week!
What amazing girls we got to know this week!

Since getting home, lovin' on my family and showering.  I think I might attempt another round of some good sleep... even if it might be a little bit over-rated!


1 comment:

christianne said...

I didn't know it was STAKE camp I thought it was individual units again. NOW your parting comment to me whilst leaving the church building makes sense!