Sunday, August 24, 2008

To market, to market to buy a fat...APPLE!

Here are the photos of the finished Apple Market.
I will try my hardest to describe what you are seeing so that you don't get lost on our tour!
This is the view as you walk in the entrance. Notice the big mess out on the packing floor. That gets cleaned up tomorrow. The green machine in the back ground is our washer/sorter machine. Do you see the fan in the opening out to the packing area? We are going to go stand by the fan and look in the market area from that perspective.
These are our produce tables. The smallest one is probably going out on the packing floor somewhere. I like the wheel barrow with the bushel baskets in it and around it better. The back wall is where I am going to hang my old red orchard ladder. The wall is the yummy chocolate color that Her Royal Highness painted herself with. Although the color was chosen for a rustic feel, I can't help but think of Hershey's when I see it. Hmmm, maybe I am sending the wrong subliminal messages!

This is the sales counter. Our 100 pound old fashioned cash register isn't up on the counter yet because we need to reinforce the counter to be able to hold its weight. Can you see the antique scale? The wooden contraption to the left is a single barrel apple cider press. The produce tables are on our left. I really LOVE the barnwood look! I love the green that I chose for the floor, but under this lighting I'm not quite so sure. The color card says Apple, but I think Sinus Infection when I see it. Hmmm, not the right message again...

Here are the close ups of the art work. I think maybe these might send a little stronger APPLE message! I am very excited that they turned out as they did. I haven't painted since around 1992. When I began painting these pictures on Thursday late afternoon I was completely overwhelmed with what I needed to accomplish in such little time. The paint brush and paints felt so foreign to me. Despite the race against time, I delayed so that I could ask for divine help and then I began to paint. I know that I received the help I asked for. Both of these paintings were completed in a matter of about 8 hours.






4 comments:

christianne said...

Now I can see it all. It looks absolutely awesome. I love both of the paintings. You did a great job with those. I hope to see it live tomorrow.

I love your blog changes too.

Jenn said...

Wow great job for 8 hours!

Stephanie said...

Holy shmoly! I get tired just reading your blog. I've just sent the kids off to school and am still in my jammmies. You have probably already milked a cow, fed the chickens, baked a pie, torn down a barn, knitted a sweater, read to your kids, opened a store, and painted a masterpiece - all before 9:00 in the morning. (Don't know if you have cows or chickens, but I wouldn't put it past you.)

Christine said...

Beautiful, Tanya. You do such good work. I agree with Stephanie - you could borrow the motto from the army - "We get more done before 9 a.m. than most people do all day!" Wish we were closer so I could see it all in person.