Saturday, August 23, 2008

The Story of the Apple Market

Here's a story -- of an apple market,
That started off as one big piggy barn...


(Just Kidding - no Brady Bunch music, I will just explain)!


Here is the hog barn that we disassembled. The Apple Farmer has mostly been out of town, so the boys and I took it upon ourselves two weeks ago to begin the demo project because we knew we were in desparate need of establishing a retail area in our apple packing shed. The boys loved tearing the building apart, especially climbing up on the roof (OK - I know its a Mother's worst nightmare to have her sons climbing around on a tin roof - but I was thrilled that they were begging me to go out and WORK)!

Human Resources is proudly standing upon the skeleton of the old building.




Hey - its me working on one of the paintings on the wall. It is supposed to be an apple pie a la mode!

We hired Jonas, one of our Amish neighbors, to do the carpentry work. I assisted him. He had a great time teasing me about being better at driving a vehicle than I was at driving nails. He does fabulous work! This picture shows a lot of a big mess, but the tin from the hog barn roof is on the bottom half of this wall, and above the tin is some of the barn wood. The two paintings are my feeble attempt to send subliminal messages to my customers that they need to BUY MORE APPLES! The pipes and electrical will eventually get covered up, it is just too late now since we begin harvesting apples on Tuesday.


Human Resources is sampling a Honey Crisp (YUM YUM) and Her Royal Highness is savoring a Gala. Doesn't that Gala look beautiful?!

Her Royal Highness is still savoring her apple!

So today, we finished the Apple Market, just in time for next week's harvest. Unfortunately, I do not have a picture of the finished deal! I forgot to take one before I drug my sad tired old body into the house to make dinner. Please check back soon to see!!








3 comments:

Christine said...

I absolutely love it, Tanya. Please take an up-close picture of the murals so I can see them. The apple pie a la mode is fantastic. I can't tell what the other is - my contacts are a little off tonight and I'm always a little off. Good job! Enjoy your day of rest tomorrow.

Tanya said...

Thanks Christine! I will enjoy my day of rest!! I will take close ups and put them up later.

Jenn said...

Wow the paintings look fantastic, yeah do a close up! I love the one of Grace sleeping with her apple, too funny! It is so great to see pictures of what you guys are up too, I love it!