Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Catching Up!

I finally have a moment to sit down and update my blog! The last few months have been a whirlwind! The only reason I am sitting here at the computer is because I'm too tired and sore to do anything else!

The following is a quick overview of life in our neck of the woods. The ducks are gone - we launched them on the pond and they refused to come in at dark. We haven't seen them since. The chickens are dead. A coon broke into the chicken house and killed them all. I survived girl's camp. We took a trip to Utah for our little family reunion with my siblings. Had fun. Got home and the garden was overcome by weeds. Still haven't caught up with them. Got a pig - named him Porky - he will be a delicious Christmas ham. Cleaning up the commercial kitchen and disaster from when the pipes broke and the ceiling fell in the winter before last. Currently tearing down the hog barn and recycling the wood and metal roofing to build a retail floor in our apple packing shed (my reason for being so sore). Trying to get school all in order so we will be ready to go on Aug. 18. Apple harvest is late and looking like it will begin at the end of August. Canned peaches and made blackberry jam. Oh - I almost forgot, the Apple Farmer was just called to serve as the branch president at church two weeks ago. He is pretty anxious but I know he will be great. One of the older sisters at church came up to me and congratulated me on becoming the mother of the branch - that kinda freaked me out, especially when she smiled at me and said, "Mommy!"

4 comments:

Christine said...

HOLY COW!!! Lots of doings going on at your house. I'll need to call and get all the low down (or maybe you should call me - when you have a minute!). Dawn Valentine said to tell you hello. She came to Donnie's reception last night.

Stephanie said...

I don't know how you do it. I would have been dead long ago.

christianne said...

I am glad you updated your blog in "your spare time". You forgot to add "fed the new folks in the branch TWICE" and it was very yummy. Thanks for all of your help and friendship.

Tanya said...

I just noticed tonight that you all left comments - this is soooo fun!