Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Mass Destruction

Yup!  I've managed to find something else to destroy at our old house on the hill in NE! 


This is BW.  He and Ruth Ann, our wonderful neighbors, came up on this particular afternoon to help me clean up the after math!

BW has a really cool tractor, my favorite actually.  John Deere 4020.  Don't ask me why, cause I really couldn't tell you!  A tractor is a tractor.  That is what I think, however, the 4020 sure has my attention!



Sometimes there is a lull in the progression of things in the house.  I can't do anything until the man with the brains and the muscles gets back from his trips and gets things moving for us again!  I get a feeling of satisfication, too, when I can go outside, work on something AND finish it and feel like we are actually making some progress!


This area that I cleared out has poison ivy growing in it.  It was teasing me.  Since I don't even have to touch the stuff to get it, while it thrives, it is a constant threat to me!  I react in the worst way!  This spring and summer has been the the spring and summer of the itch (and blisters and secondary infection... etc.).  I decided that if I was careful I could get rid of some of the threat around the house and if I got a little bit, at least it would be more likely that I wouldn't end up getting another awful reaction.  


Well, we got the stuff all right.  There is still quite a bit more to remove.  I reacted.  Horribly!  But I'm doing much better now.  We removed several trees that were getting rather established, still have some more to remove that are a little more than I can handle (plus there is still a bit of IVY left that I'm not feeling much like messing with right now)!


Meet Ruth Ann!


I know it is hard to see the flower bed with all of the debris laying around.  My plans are for roses right here.  This bed faces south and is offered quite a bit of protection from the cold north wind! 

I love roses!

1 comment:

christianne said...

So awesome!!! What great neighbors with great machines.