Sunday, October 9, 2011

Callan's Ordination to the Office of a Deacon

I wish we had more pictures from this special weekend!  I think with the chaos of living our 'double life' I some how managed to forget to take pictures of Callan's special day.  I suppose that means that this is one of the extra special time where the images will sweeten through the ages in our memories! 

Papa Jim was able to make it out for the weekend!  It was such a treat to have that time with him!  But like all wonderful things, they soon have to end.  This weekend was one of the shortest weekends of the year!


You know Papa is here when things like this show up in the house!



We took Papa up the road to our favorite IA state park!  He and Callan are looking for Hickory nuts!


I really love the photograph of Tim with his Dad.  It is obvious that they are enjoying the perfectly beautiful day and great conversation!


Probably one of the last times in the water before summer comes  next year.


She loves playing in the sand.


Bedtime and scripture study!  It was fun to have Papa be a part of it all!
I think Gracie Anne enjoyed it most!  She started all cozied up under Papa's arm and before we knew it she managed to wrap herself around his neck!



I'm guessing Papa doesn't really mind at all!

Callan was set apart on the morning of the 9th of Oct.  President Meals had some very nice things to say about him and the choice he has made and the duties he has accepted as a Deacon.  I think Callan was aware of how much his Mom and Dad love him, too!

1 comment:

christianne said...

And I missed it!!! Congratulations to Callan. The beginning of many more sacred opportunities to come.