Thursday, May 7, 2009

Using Our Noodle!

My neighbor Lizzy taught me how to make noodles! I was amazed at how easy and fun noodle making is!

It was a beautiful morning last Tuesday! The work crew grabbed their math books and did math on the front porch while her Royal Highness insisted on wearing her apron and helping! She sure helped!

After spreading floured foot prints all over Lizzy's kitchen floor while Lizzy and I kneaded dough and talked about her brand new granddaughter, her Royal Highness insisted on rolling out the dough!While her Royal Highness and I rolled out dough, Lizzy made marshmallow cream out of the left over egg whites and a sugar syrup which she cooked to the hard ball stage. Wow! I thought that stuff could only come from the marshmallow cream factory! Yum!When we were done making noodles and there was nothing left to do, her Royal Highness started to cry, so Lizzy gave her one of her homemade oatmeal cookes and everything was all better!

So you are probably wondering where the picture of the completed noodles is? We cooked them up in chicken noodle soup, chicken and gravy and other yummy dishes already! They sure didn't last for very long! Time to make more!!!!

1 comment:

christianne said...

Your noodles were beautiful, glad I got to see them before they were "et".