Sunday, May 1, 2011

Sanding

I know!  We really should have taken the lath down first, but we didn't!  We went ahead and sanded and it was good!! 


We used an orbital sander.  It allowed us to get right up to the floor trim.  I sanded, and sanded, and sanded!  In the evening of the first day of sanding, I completed the upstairs and made it into the kitchen. 


While working in the kitchen I started to feel very excited about our kitchen plans and began wondering how it was all going to look when all was said and done!  It was a good feeling to complete the job!


The pantry got even more cute when the sanding was completed!



(looking through the back porch door)


Even though everything turned out so well, I did end up injuring my wrists.  They are healing very well now, but it did become quite a challenge over this weekend to do much of anything at all!

(soaking hands and wrists in cold water)


1 comment:

christianne said...

Much progress!!! This is the rewarding part when you start to see your hard work paying off and the possibilities of beauty in your home. Tanya, I had trouble w/some hand pain too and ultimately needed to sleep with a thumb brace on. Took about two months to heal. I had tried other approaches for a year w/no relief. :~r but in my case the thumb brace at night did the trick.