Saturday, August 14, 2010

Weed Eaters

Our 'weed eaters' have arrived!  Meet Drover.  He's a 2 year old Pygmy and he wasted no time finding some brambles to munch on in what has now been claimed as the goat yard.

This is Uncle Doug.  Affectionately named after THE Uncle Doug!  Isn't he just the cutest?  He is a Boer, which is a breed typically grown for meat.  He had a procedure last week which turned him into a whether.  The ride home was a little stressful for him.  He wouldn't stand up to get out of the back of the truck so I ended up picking up Uncle Doug and carrying him over to the goat yard.


This is Juliet.  She is a 5 month old Pygmy and she is a doll!


She didn't ride in the back with the boys.  She rode in the front with the air conditioner.


And then she was carried to the goat yard as well!  Spoiled already!!


Before we loaded everyone up and headed home, I got a lesson in hoof trimming.  It was interesting.  I got to try my new skills out on Drover.  He was a big baby and I was really slow at it and my back was trying to cramp up on me, so Brent finished up the other two hooves.


And I had a visitor show up on my shoulder.  A gigantic Praying Mantis!  So big that you can't even see his head in the photograph....


We made it home all safe and sound.  Everyone seems to be adjusting well, including Taffy...



This is a picture of Taffy,
 just before she got a good head butt, compliments of Drover, and
just after I told her Royal Highness to get off of the top of the truck .  
I think Taffy knows where not to be nosing around now  and I'm
sure its not the last time I'll be telling her Royal Highness to get off of the top of the truck!

No comments: