Wednesday, August 25, 2010

First Day of Harvest!

Simply put, it was a beautiful day!


The weather was sunny and cool!  Such a relief from what we've been suffering through!



And the family was very anxious to be a part of every last little detail!



I heard things like, "Mom!  This is so fun!"  and "Mom!  I love this job!"  When we needed something done, one of the boys would jump right up to volunteer and tape up boxes or cover a table that unexpectedly filled up.

Even our little friend, Sam, needed to be apart of the day's operation!


Now, I don't expect the perfection of the day to last much longer than... today. 


I am so thankful for what today was.  It was a taste of heaven! 






And since we don't have heaven on earth, I fully expect that next week my children will not be singing the, "I Love Working in an Apple Orchard Song," well, that is unless they happen to be driving a piece of farm equipment.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

What a beautiful family you have! I love the pictures. It makes me want to eat an apple right now. I am so glad you are doing well. Love, Pam