Sunday, July 4, 2010

Christmas Break of 1989


During my senior year in high school I had the opportunity to help Pat in her flower shop.  We worked very long hours, drove home after midnight and got up a few hours later to make our way to the flower shop and do it all over again.  Pat taught me how to put the FTD arrangements together and after a while they became very simple to arrange.  I remember arranging greenery and red carnations while some of Pat's very talented designers put together the most beautiful arrangements of flowers I had ever seen.  I loved every minute of assembling and watching what next was to emerge from each new vase that was placed upon the work space.

I haven't had the opportunity to work in another flower shop, but to this day, I still know how to tie bows exactly how Pat taught me!  This skill has been so handy in so many ways!  And although I will never be able to work the magic that her amazing designers did, I do have a lot of fun putting together little arrangements with the pretties that I like to grow in my garden.  Out of a simple opportunity to earn a little money over Christmas break, I never imagined that two weeks could have ever had such an influence!

1 comment:

Jenn said...

Love It! So Pretty!