Saturday, July 10, 2010

Brambles, Brambles Everywhere!

Its Blackberry season now!

They are BIG and beautiful!!  The rain has been very good to them this year.  In fact, the primacanes - next year's producing canes - were soooo long that I had to go in with pruners to be able to reach my fruit!

We picked a full gallon of these luscious fruits and when we got home we washed them, spread them on baking sheets and they are freezing in the freezer.  They will be perfect in my Lemon Berry Cake recipe!!


And they all lived happily ever after!



Not really, because while I was picking and her Royal Highness was taking a little break, she pulled the key to the golf cart out and dropped it in the grass.

So we looked...



And looked....


And found a caterpillar....


And looked some more....

Until we finally decided we needed some divine intervention.  So we prayed for help.  And while we looked some more, Her Royal Highness asked me if Heavenly Father had a car.  I told her he didn't and she immediately asked, "Then how does he get to 'pwaces?'  Does he walk or 'somefing'? 


And then we found the key! 


Her Royal Highness said a prayer to thank Heavenly Father for help us find our key.  I'm so thankful that Heavenly Father allows us to teach our children about little miracles!


...And they lived happily ever after!!

1 comment:

Jenn said...

What a great little story! I am glad that you found the keys, too!