Sunday, November 15, 2009

Latest in Film

I developed a couple of rolls of b&w film yesterday. My latest adventures in film weren't up to par! I was a bit disappointed with all of my mistakes, including these rare captures of her Royalness. I didn't meter very well and wound up underexposing. I couldn't help myself with all of the great backlighting from the sun (can be a challenge to meter off of), and being extremely out of practice, I failed the challenge! What a bummer, since it doesn't happen very often that one of my kids decides to cooperate when I have a Kodak moment come over me!! These are extremely doctored up and a few artistic filters added to fudge up on some seriously bruised pixels. The rest of the shots are straight scans from film, no dust spotting, etc.





Look at her tease me!! She's thinkin' "if mom only knew how off she was on her shutter speed...!"



Oh! and look at this one! Sweeter than sugar!
She's really good, isn't she! LOL



How priceless is this one! It is screaming for a big frame over the piano... Even the CEO and President of the company seems to know that these shots aren't going to end up wall worthy! Look how sweetly he is looking at his baby sister! A short moment of peace in their rivalous relationship! LOL I'm afraid the only way I can preserve this one is to pull out some art paper and pencils and give it a whirl... Only problem is I'm extremely out of practice in the drawing and painting department! And the last time I managed, I drew a bunch of flies... Which I should at least be grateful for - at least I could draw something! LOL

Sigh! The sun going down on a lovely fall evening!



Ely's hack is full of pumpkins! This one screamed black and white film! Lighting wasn't so challenging.





Couldn't resist the close up on all of the pumpkins either!

And here's a fun one! I've been working on some senior pictures for friends. Focusing seems to be a problems among other challenges (time to see the eye dr.?), but I think I can safely say that if you want to comission me to take some pictures of your shoes and your books, I might be able to pull that off! LOL

Practice makes perfect! I need to load up my cameras again and play some more!



2 comments:

christianne said...

ummm I like them just the way they are.

Once Upon A Mountain said...

You can come play at our house we have a little bit of snow.