Sunday, November 1, 2009

Happy Halloween!

Ya'll might be wondering how we celebrate halloween when you live on a farm in the middle of nowhere! Here's how:



We dress up...


We hop in the truck...




and we find a good party to sneak in on!







The boys all enjoyed coming up with their own costumes! The two older boys had a great time rummaging through stuff at our local thrift store. For between .65 and 1.00 they managed to be very creative in their choice of costumes! The president was so excited to use his hand-me down Lion from his cousin Evrhett! Her Royalness was tickled when her mama squeezed in a little costume making time and came up with her own take on Strawberry Shortcake (yup - she even has a Custard the Cat...)




I was a bit worried that I wouldn't be able to pull this one off. Something that I always enjoyed doing was sewing up a costume for my kids when they are so little. So you can imagine my own excitement when I did manage to create this little costume and dress her up!! Of course, as soon as I finished dressing her up, she turned to her brother, Avery, and said, "Come on Appo Dumpwing (translation: Apple Dumplin')!" She tried to pick him up as if the costume came included with the strength to do so, and when she found she couldn't she exclaimed, "Ooooh! Appo Dumpwing! You so heavy!" It was priceless to watch, however, what was even more priceless was the look on her brother's face when he realized she had transformed him into her baby sister Apple Dumplin!! I wish I could have a picture of that!!








3 comments:

Shannon said...

I love the creative-ness of your children. They always come up with the cutest ideas. The boys look great and oh how I LOVE Gracie Anne's costume. You must share you secret to such creative-ness.

Once Upon A Mountain said...

That is soo cute. I wish I was talented enough to make costumes. Want to make Emma's next year.. Just kidding. Glad everyone had fun.

christianne said...

I am glad all of you stopped by you were one of only four groups that came and that was IT! I could have handed out lots more sugar to y'all.