Wednesday, June 17, 2009

And thus ended the 16th day of the 6th month...

And it came to pass that the woman of the household was encumberred with much preparation.

And it came to pass that a cry went out throughout the whole of the household and many were called and many were chosen to help cleanse the aftermath of the great destruction that followed the harvest of the day.


And it came to pass that there was much weeping and wailing and gnashing of teeth, because the destruction that followed the harvest was much.
And it also came to pass that after the woman of the household used much persuasion unto the convincing of her household of the great and bountious blessings which awaited them following their service in her kitchen, that there was much girding up of loins and great and wonderful was the evening, even to the extent of great smiles as the work was completed and the Jelly Jars were counted. And in that day, there were 29 1/2 jelly jars and 4 jars of pie cherries sealed up and the rejoicing of the household was abundant and promises of ice cream were made.

5 comments:

Shannon said...

AMEN!!! Seriously, Tanya have you ever thought of becoming a writer. That was amazing!!

Maria Babin said...

my soul delighteth in the writings of tanya and giveth great desire to partake of the fruits of her household's labors!

Anonymous said...

so funny! Im a new fan..my aunt Chris says I need a little Tanya in my life (maybe not as little as the one on Austin Powers but you get my drift I think) and I think she was right! This is one of the best posts I've read in a long time. I'll be a happy return customer for many blogs to come :) Loved the hilarious ducky post too, so funny.

Tanya said...

Holy Cow! You guys are making me laugh (and blush a little too). Thanks for your compliments!

PhotoCrayz - You are so lucky to have an Aunt Chris - she is an angel!! You are welcome to my blog any time!! I'm glad you enjoyed our ducks. They are so neat to have around!

Tanya said...

Maria - do you think one of my jars would ship well to france? I've never mailed anything to france before :) That could be a pretty fun adventure LOL