Monday, May 12, 2008

Auction Winnings

May 9th I had a spare moment to go to a nearby estate auction where over 100 old sewing machines were going to be auctioned. Over 30 of these were hand crank machines. Curiosity got the better of me, since there were still a million things I needed to be working on at the orchard. I couldn't help but wonder if the supply was more than the demand available in the area. It turned out that my hunch was correct. I had a lot of fun and won the bid for this beautiful German made machine. I also won bids on a couple of treadle sewing cabinets ($2.00 a piece) and 5 sewing heads - 2 singer, a New Home and a Vesta. I hope you enjoy looking at these pictures! By the way, my winning bid on this beautiful machine was $45.00!

I can't get over the ornate metal work down below!

This reads Winselmann.





I haven't had a chance to try this out. I need to get a new cable to attach to the machine and the treadle wheel. I'm positive that this machine has a lot more guts than my Bernina sewing machine!


The wood cabinet is in great condition!







No comments: