Saturday, January 2, 2010

Some recipes I can't wait to try!

I think it may be time to take to the kitchen with my kids and try out some new recipes! Here are a few that I don't want to forget to try!!


I'm very hungry for South Pine Cafe these days! I ventured over to their website this evening to see what was on their menu - nothing like inflicting pain and torturing myself, right? I am only 1,745 miles from the closest one! Everything looked soooo good, but I happened to find a recipe on their site for Salad Dressing and I definitely plan to give it a try!


My family would probably appreciate it if I shook our menus up a little and threw in something new! These Gyros look scrumptious and she even made her own pitas!


I'm always willing to adventure into oatmeal recipes, especially since I have a lot of oats in my pantry. I've experimented with several granola recipes, including a favorite that I was given by one of my Amish neighbors that I tweaked a tad for healthier fats and less sugar. This one looks like fun to try!


And finally, I think I need to try to make something as cute as these!
PS - wielding bread knifes in my kitchen is generally not allowed. No one was harmed in the creation of this photograph!




5 comments:

Jenn said...

Looks like some yummy food, you are making me hungry!

Shannon said...

We tried the chicken gyro one the other night and Bryan loved it. The boys werent all that impressed with the sauce but it has a very refreshing taste to it. The garlic adds a bit of a kick to that sauce as well. Let me know what you think of it when you have a had a chance to try it.

Tanya said...

Shan - we made it last week. Soooo good! I loved the sauce. Boys didn't complain. Of course I made one batch without the garlic for the apple farmer ;) Did you make the pitas too? They were so tender and yummy!

Chelsea said...

These look delicious! Rob loves gyros so I for sure need to make these.

Tanya said...

Ok - I made the granola and its yummy, but its not crunchy like I would have liked. I experimented with the juice by cutting it in half and still didn't get what I would have hoped for. I still like my granola recipe my amish neighbor gave me!